FASD: Supports and Resources – Registration Information
Please see attached poster AG7_FASD_Poster_2019
Jodee Kulp | Live Abilities; Better Endings, New Beginnings | Surviving and Thriving with FASD
Dr. Alan Bocking | Scientific Advisor, Can FASD Research Network | Exciting Current Research Initiatives in Canada
…Additional Speaker to be announced!
Panel Presentation | Individuals / Parents / Caregivers with lived experience
Culture & FASD
FASD & Sexuality
Successfully transitioning from Youth to Adulthood with FASD
FASD an the Justice System: Challenges, Strategies, Gladue Reports
Self-Regulation Strategies for Individuals with FASD
FASD and Nutrition
Front-line recovery work with Women and Men with FASD
FASD – Exciting new intiatives
Rooms are available at the Quattro Hotel, please quote: “Anishinabek G7” when booking. You can contact the hotel directly by calling: 1-800-563-7262 to reserve a room.
Room rates are as follows:
Standard King room – $99.00 +13% HST & 4% DMF
Executive King suite – $109 +13% HST & 4% DMF
Double Queen suite – $114 +13% HST & 4% DMF
Family Suite – $139 +13% HST & 4% DMF
* Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and refreshment snacks and rescource materials through out the conference.
* A limited number of sponsored registrations are available to individuals and families living with FASD. Please contact the Organizers for information and availability before registering.
* “Pay by Check” option available on check-out for individuals and organizations, please follow ticket purchase instructions and complete order form.
* Facilitator ticket type available for registration.
Hosted by Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Details – This free workshop is open to all community members.
You must register before February 28, 2019
Lunch and light snacks provided.
Keynote speaker: Jeff Noble Hosted by Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Jeff has been creating buzz and raising awareness in FASD circles across Canada. He has been teaching front line staff, educators and caregivers, alike about the ins and outs of living and supporting someone with FASD. Jeff’s workshops are interactive, enlightening, thought-provoking and will be filled with laughter and A-Ha! moments.
The Halton and Hamilton FASD Support Groups are excited to share the news that we are having a FASD Conference!!! Please REGISTER for the event ASAP as we are anticipating that the event will sell-out fast!
Location: the Waterfront Hotel Burlington https://www.waterfronthotelburlington.com/ . The location can support 180 attendees. We are anticipating an early sell-out so please register ASAP! The hotel has also provided a block of rooms discounted for attendees wishing to arrive the night before (see our website – events tab for further info – link under item F. below)
ConferenceTitle: “FASD – Achieving New Heights Together”. The conference is a collaboration of the Halton and Hamilton FASD support groups; The focus of the conference is that by working together we can achieve new heights!
Speakers: We have a fantastic line-up of speakers & presenters!!
- Sheilah Laffan – Opening Yoga / Mindfullness – “Reaching New Heights to Share your Passion for Compassion”
- Yvonne & Nicole Williams (parent/daughter presentation) Nicole will be presenting “Growing up with FASD“ and Yvonne is presenting “FASD” Advocacy and what I learned so far“.
- Professor Shiva Singh (University of Western Ontario) -presentation: “Exploring the molecular iceberg model for FASD: a hope for the future“.
- Dr. Olaf Kraus de Camargo – presenting “FASD at the Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre”
- Justine Kormann & Matt Penman HWDSB – presenting “The Power of Validation”
- Jeff Noble – Presenting “The 4 Keys to FASD Success”
- Plus a Q & A panel with RJ Formanek … Savanna Pietrantonio … and Darlene Durand.
More Information &Registration: Please refer to the events tab on our website for Registration info or further information. http://www.ca/?page_id=33